Invite All - Proclaim Jesus - Grow as Disciples
Christ the Servant Lutheran Church is a diverse, growing church where all people find an inviting, welcoming, safe place to explore and grow in spirituality, faith and discipleship. We are a church where engaging in ministry is meaningful, fulfilling, enriching, adventurous, and exhilarating!
Our compelling commission is to be a church that looks toward the future. We will be one step ahead of the times in order that we may speak to a constantly changing culture. We will be enthusiastically outward focused, seeking to engage those not actively involved in faith development on a path of discipleship. Every person will experience a personal connection with others starting from their first contact. That connection will multiply itself as all become enthused with the life of inviting and welcoming. We will become known for joy, enthusiasm and life-transformation in Jesus Christ. We will use all tools and methods in carrying out our mission. We will seek creative solutions to all challenges. We will encourage people to follow their passions in serving Christ, creating new opportunities where none existed before.
We will create a contagious excitement to forward our mission above and beyond our accomplishments. Looking beyond the confines of our limited property, we will continue to grow, multiplying in other locations with the resources and mission of Christ the Servant Lutheran Church. We will become a presence of Christ throughout Henderson and southern Las Vegas.
For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the LORD,
plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope.
Then the Lord answered me and said:
“Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so that a runner may read it.”
Click to donate now
We are pioneers of a Mission Outpost on the church frontier in Southern Nevada. We are here in this location because we have been called to carry out ministry with a style, philosophy and attraction that no one else is providing in this way. While we respect individual desires for intimacy in a small to moderate congregational setting, we have a responsibility to provide for the growing needs of the Henderson and Southern Las Vegas community. Therefore, in responding to God’s call, we will creatively and sensitively grow Christ the Servant to maximize our ministry potential and retain accessible levels of personal contact.
The Marks of Discipleship
We are passionately committed to surrounding all we are and do in prayer—seeking to be surrounded in the presence God.
We are passionately committed to gathering together in worship—centering our lives and ministry.
Read the Bible
We are passionately committed to God’s message for us—grounding ourselves in scripture.
Serve at and beyond Christ the Servant
We are passionately committed to living for the sake of others—seeking to honor God by serving as Christ in our world.
Relate Spiritually with Others
We are passionately committed to spiritual growth—seeking to follow the Holy Spirit’s leading.
We are passionately committed to manage our God-given resources responsibly—seeking to put God first in every aspect of our lives and ministry.
Christian Doctrine of Lutheran Heritage
We are passionately committed to the message that God has acted on our behalf in Jesus and that through Jesus we can experience a life-transforming relationship with God. A Lutheran understanding of this Good News with a commitment to Word alone, Faith alone, and Grace alone under girds and shapes our ministry.
Our mission rests firmly on the Gospel of Jesus Christ as expressed in the creeds and confessions of the Church and in our Statement of Faith:
· We believe in the Triune God—God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. We acknowledge one God in these three persons.
· We believe that God the Father created the universe. He is loving, compassionate, just and kind. His deepest desire is to live in an intimate relationship with all people.
· We believe that, because of his desire to live in a relationship with us, God became a human being. Jesus Christ, born of a virgin, is fully God and fully man. Through His death and resurrection, Jesus made it possible for all people to live in a relationship with God. We believe that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life. Through Him and Him alone can people enter into a relationship with God.
· We believe that the Holy Spirit is the presence of Jesus Christ among us. Through him God loves us, empowers us and lives in us. The Spirit gives gifts to all believers. We believe in all of the gifts of the Spirit and encourage their use.
· We believe that the Bible is the word of God. Through it God reveals himself to us. The entire Bible is God-breathed and God-inspired. The Old and New Testaments are the norm and basis upon which we base our faith.
· We believe in and practice the Sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion. We believe that through the waters of baptism God comes to us to adopt us as His children. Through Baptism God gives the gift of new life.
· We believe that through the Lord’s Supper, God comes to love us and forgive us. It is a meal of renewal. Jesus is really present in the meal.
· We believe in the worth and value of the human being. Created in God’s image, humans have dignity. Their worth is dependent, not on accomplishments, but on God’s love. Because God sees humanity as worth dying for, we affirm and acknowledge the dignity of humans.
· At the same time, we acknowledge that humanity is separated from God because of sin. We joyfully proclaim the Good News that because of Jesus Christ, forgiveness is a possibility. It is that forgiveness that restores fallen humanity’s worth.
· We believe in and anticipate the return of Jesus Christ. Though we don’t know the day or hour, we joyfully proclaim His return to inspire all people to make the most of life today.
We are passionately committed to affirming and upholding the God-given worth of each individual. We want to help people discover their God-given potential through a relationship with Jesus. We are committed to treating all people with dignity and respect.
We are passionately committed to sharing the love of Christ in relevant and engaging ways with those not yet connected to Christ or the church. funny pictures Because lost people matter to God, we will make them a priority in our mission. We will continually seek to create an inviting climate of warmth and hospitality that welcomes all to come and hear about Jesus at their own pace.
Creativity and Innovative Excellence
We are passionately committed to doing whatever it takes within the context of the Gospel to build a church that reaches new people and helps them grow in their relationship with Christ. Risk, relevance, change, flexibility, imagination, excellence and the freedom to fail grow out of our desire to connect the Gospel to the community. We employ our best creativity to overcome any barriers we face, challenges we choose and limitations we encounter.
We are passionately committed to training, equipping and empowering transformed people of all faith levels to live out a Christ-centered life. We will help people discover their God-given gifts and support and encourage them as they use their gifts to serve Christ and the community. We will also create an environment which empowers people to experience and enjoy wholeness.
We are passionately committed to honesty, openness, fairness and grace in dealing with others and in managing the mission of Christ the Servant Lutheran Church.
We are an integral part of Henderson and Southern Las Vegas. We are available to all people and a resource for non-profit organizations and support groups.
We participate with other Christian churches and lead in church growth and development.